SM Entertainment, one of Korea’s largest talent management agencies, is kicking off its 09′ global audition on February 14th in its home ground, with plans to extend the audition to China, Japan, South East Asia, Canada and USA etc.
SM is looking for various talents in singing, acting, dancing, modelling etc. It’s said that all Asians are welcome regardless of nationality and age… but I doubt they would want a 40-year-old veteran lol.
[update] USA & Canada audition announced; no news on other places.
Nov 15 – Wilshire Plaza Hotel, Los Angeles
Nov 22 – Toronto Korean Center, Toronto
Nov 22 – Executive Plaza Hotel, Vancouver
Nov 27/28 – Korea Village, New York
1. Singer – prepare 1 or 2 songs which you can sing without accompaniment. Please make sure that you are confident in your song selection and that the song fits best to your voice.
2. Dancer – Free Style Dancing, CD to be submitted to the reception desk on the audition date by the applicant. (If you do not bring any CD for dance, random music will be played.)
3. Actor – Impromptu Acting, memorized monologue to be prepared by applicant.
4. Model – Free posing. (5 or more)
5. Producer/Composer (Writer) – Producer/Composer (Writer) Demo CD or written music to be brought by the applicant.
[hat tip to junior]