Another US & Canada audition for Asian pop star wannabe. Korean agency JYPE is looking for new talents who are residing in USA and Canada and born in year 1982-2000, regardless of gender and nationality.
Auditions and Talent Search
Japanese talent agency Avex is running an audition campaign in the US. The first confirmed venue is at Honolulu, Hawaii on November 14; the remainder of the schedule will be decided upon the responses from respective cities.
The online registration will expire on October 31. Japanese pop star wannabe… kindly check the official audition website for details.
Avex is one of the biggest entertainment agencies in Japan; boosting the likes of Ayumi Hamasaki, Namie Amuro, Kumi Koda, Ai Otsuka, BoA and Tohoshinki etc.
SM Entertainment, one of Korea’s largest talent management agencies, is kicking off its 09′ global audition on February 14th in its home ground, with plans to extend the audition to China, Japan, South East Asia, Canada and USA etc.
SM is looking for various talents in singing, acting, dancing, modelling etc. It’s said that all Asians are welcome regardless of nationality and age… but I doubt they would want a 40-year-old veteran lol.
[update] USA & Canada audition announced; no news on other places.
Nov 15 – Wilshire Plaza Hotel, Los Angeles
Nov 22 – Toronto Korean Center, Toronto
Nov 22 – Executive Plaza Hotel, Vancouver
Nov 27/28 – Korea Village, New York
1. Singer – prepare 1 or 2 songs which you can sing without accompaniment. Please make sure that you are confident in your song selection and that the song fits best to your voice.
2. Dancer – Free Style Dancing, CD to be submitted to the reception desk on the audition date by the applicant. (If you do not bring any CD for dance, random music will be played.)
3. Actor – Impromptu Acting, memorized monologue to be prepared by applicant.
4. Model – Free posing. (5 or more)
5. Producer/Composer (Writer) – Producer/Composer (Writer) Demo CD or written music to be brought by the applicant.
[hat tip to junior]
JYP Entertainment, the Korean talent agency that boost the likes of Wonder Girls, J-Lim, G-Soul and Min will be holding an audition in New York City on September 13.
To apply for the preliminary round, send your video demos via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 9, 2008. Check the below promotional video for guidance…